Hair Fall In Men
Hair loss has appeared as the most concerning cosmetic problem in the recent years, especially the last two decade. The changed environment due to pollution, food choices, sun exposure and many other reasons like stress, tension and work pressure has increased the risk of this problem.
There are many reasons that cause hair loss in men. Some of them are highlighted below:
- Male Hormone: Males have male hormones which is responsible for hair thinning and baldness in males.
- Stress: Noted by many experts as one of the most prevalent reasons for hair loss today, stress has a lot to do to your hair. It has been observed that men who lead their life under pressure – work or family, lose their hair early .
- Protein Deprivation: Yes, your diet has an important role to play in the terms of hair loss. Men, who do not have a proper diet that contains adequate amounts of protein, often have hair loss problems.
- Outdoor Effect: Excessive sun exposure, pollution, dirt and dust have also their respective roles to play when it comes to hair loss in men. That is why in the metro cities, men have more problem of hair loss than men in rural areas.
- Genetic Causes: It is noted that genes have also a role in hair loss. Men who have family members with baldness often get it .
Signs of hair loss in men:
Different from of hair fall show different signs which cannot miss the eye of an expert dermatologist :
- Androgenetic Alopecia (patterned baldness): There is a recession of hair line & decreased density at crown area.
- Alopecia areata: Coin sized patchy hair loss in otherwise healthy people.
- Scarring alopecia : Patient may complain of itching and burning in scalp.
While some factors are really out of your hand (though fixed easily by treatment) you can try following some tips to prevent hair loss.
- Proper diet: Balance your diet properly. Ensure that you have proper intakes of vitamins and proteins in your food.
- Use of products: Choose your hair products wisely and use them moderately .
- Hair protection: Protect your hair from dirt, dust and pollution.
- Avoid hair oil application.
- Daily shampooing.
If the hair loss is temporary or due to any disease, it can be cured by treating the disease. But, for other cases, it is required to get a hair restoration treatment. Some of the effective treatments for hair loss/ baldness in men provided by Dr. Atul Jain are:
Medication: Two FDA-approved hair fall medications are Minoxidil and Finasteride. Minoxidil is rubbed on the scalp and used by both men & women. Finasteride is taken in pill form and recommended for men only.
LLLT: Low Level Laser Light Therapy involves the use of a laser light to increase the blood flow in the scalp and thus, increase in hair growth.
PRP Therapy: During a Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy, the plasma content is taken from your blood, centrifuged and injected into the bald scalp to boost hair regrowth.
Hair Transplant: In this procedure, the hair are plucked out from a body region and transplanted to the bald area. This way, you can stop the hair loss permanently. Although there are two techniques of hair transplantation, i.e., FUT and FUE, but we use FUE only! This is so because the FUE method does not leave a permanent scar behind.
Anyone considering any of the cosmetic procedures should be sure to consult doctors who have experience in one or several of these techniques. Patients should fully inform themselves about the risks and potential benefits of the procedure they are considering before going forward.
For further details follow Hair Treatments links.
BooK An AppointMent
For your convenience, you can book your appointment by fill the Contact Form — or call us at +91 7339735499
Send a Message