Melasma is a very common skin problem in India. It is an acquired hypermelanosis of sun exposed areas. It is usually present on the cheeks, bridge of nose, forehead, chin, and above the upper lip. It also can appear on other parts of the body that get lots of sun, such as the forearms and neck.
Melasma is a tan or dark skin discoloration. Melasma is particularly common in women, especially pregnant women and those who are taking oral or patch contraceptives or hormone replacement therapy (HRT) medications. Every person has a different skin type and hence needs different treatment so it is very essential to find the right dermatologist.
There can be innumerable factors which exacerbate acne, some of them are as follows:
- These are genetic predisposition, excessive sun exposure.
- Contraceptive pills – can also cause Melasma. So, as soon as you spot the symptoms, rush to your dermatologist because early detection prevents severity and also, with the advice of your doctor you can stop consuming the same contraceptive pills.
- HRT can also cause Melasma.
Dr. Atul Jain provides a variety of Melasma Treatment at Skinaa Clinic, Jaipur but not all treatments are recommended for everyone. So, a thorough examination of the condition is followed by a customized treatment for every individual patient.
- Topical modalities like benzoyl peroxide, retinoids etc.
- Oral medications like antibiotics, another medication etc.
BooK An AppointMent
For your convenience, you can book your appointment by fill the Contact Form — or call us at +91 7339735499
Send a Message